Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Teenage Writer

So, yeah.....um....hi? I'm new to this whole blogging thing and I really don't know how it works. I got this idea from my cousin, Mia. Except she's like twenty times better at this than I am! But anyways, I'm pretty sure that this is kinda like a diary, except expressed towards other people, which is great because I write a lot.
I want to be an English major in college because I just can't stop writing. My imagination is like an itch that you just HAVE to scratch. You don't want to scratch it, because then it will just keeping itching after a few seconds of momentarily relief, but you'd rather take the relief for only a few seconds than for none.
Same with me.
When my imagination spits out another story, it's almost impossible for me to not write it! I sits there, like that itch, and progresses from an intro paragraph for a short story, into a whole novel that I have planned out from start to finish! So I almost always end up writing or typing it up.
Now, you're probably wondering that, if I supposedly type all my brilliant ideas, why don't I have a finished book that I'm trying to get published? Easy answer. I told you I started books, I never said I finished them. I play sports almost year round and have just started school at a new public school, so right now, academics and sports (and boys) are the things constantly on my mind! I never can follow through on idea that, even after they're in my trash pile, I have to admit would have made great books.
I'm hoping the inconstancy will wane with time. Probably not though.
So there you are, I just gave the run down on my obsessive hobby. And the worst part of it is that I love reading too! I REALLY love it! But every time I read a new book, my imagination starts kicking in. And there's an itch again. The cycle is always constant: book, imagination, writing, giving up, book, imagination.....
It's tough to be a teenage writer.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Hello Emma!
Nice to meet you!
My name is Nikki! I got to your blog through Mia! I'm also new at blogging, i've been at it for mabye6 or 7 months! It's really nice to meet you!
I'm also a Christain we attend a Nazerene church and my dad goes around to different churchs and preaches! My number 1 desire in life is to serve him! And I hope one day to become a pastor!
Can I put a link on my blog to yours?? It is really hard to get a blog started so that people know that you have one! The main way is to comment on other peoples blogs by clicking into links on someones blog. then comment and then people see your comment and come check out your blog! With a link to yours on mine, people will also find out about your blog!
To get to my blog just click my name, above the comment right next to the picture and then scroll down tell you see Nikki's Notes -happy holidays! then click that. Did that make any sence?? Well anyway, if you can't figure it out you can always ask Mia,
Great Job on the blog!
God Bless,
~Nikki

Abigail said...

Hi Emma! I also found your blog through Mia's, and I live in NY too. I can definitely identify with the starting books thing, I can't count how many books I've started and never finished.
I'm glad you started blogging!