Thursday, December 11, 2008

Musical Audtions.

So internally, and possibly externally, I am shaking.
I can't think straight.
I had my musical audition today.
And I bomb it. Bad.

I felt so confident all today, smiling and laughing, thinking of ways I could make my audition better. I was sooooo excited! Being in a Christian private school for was sad because I didn't get to the chance to be in a musicall! And, although I loved CCA dearly, I was so looking forward to being in a real musical!

My hopes were like a porcelain china cup, perched on the edge of the table....waiting for the smallest of nudges to tip it towards its demise.

Yep. I'm full of metaphors now.
Like the nerves.
My ultimate arch-enemy, the one thing I knew would thwart me!

But they snuck up so quietly.

Like a candle, burning slowly to the inevitable blackout.

I was so happy. So ready. So confident.
But the moment I stood on that stage my brain fell out that back of my head.
Needless to say, it was horrible.

I feel a little better now though. It feels good to get that all out. So I'm going to keep praying, keep trusting God. Hopefully, somehow they'll decide I wasn't too horrible that I couldn't make it! All I'm asking for is a chorus part!

But right now I just have to trust Him: he gives me strength when I am weak.

5 comments:

Abigail said...

I've never auditioned for anything before, but I'm sure you'll do fine. You're always more critical of yourself than others are. And I like the metaphores. :)

Nikki said...

I'm sure you didn't do as bad as you think! :)

Kendall said...

aww it's o.k. i'm sure you did better then your saying.

Maddie M. said...

Hey Emma
I am a friend of Mia's
we went to church together,
I'm sure you did great!

Mia said...

OH come ON Emma! I helped you prepare for that audition, and we both know you were great!!! You couldn't have done that bad at the actual audition!!! With all that God given talent, you're defintely getting a part in that musical so shut up and stop worrying about it!!! (don't we cousins speak so kindly to each other, lol!) Luv ya! I'll try to call you this week...