Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thrown Under the Bus....literally

I love driving. I really do. I dislike driving with my mother commenting everything, on roads where people drive stupidly. I really do.
Not much I can do about it though. My will inevitably be in the car and people will be stupid on the roads sometimes......a lot of the time. But still, not much I can change. I can't change the law or the other people or my mother. BUT I WISH I COULD!
My ranting is officially over....

The figure of speech that the title refers to is also a part of my life today....well not really. I didn't get pushed into any sort of blame, but I am to blame and was scolded for this.
You see, I'm in Chorale. It is the top spot in my school's music system, the best-of-the-best singers and somehow, miraculously, I managed to get in. This is my first year in it and Chorale still has it's cult-ish and pompous feel to it, but this year it doesn't really deserve it. No one is doing the homework and no one is learning the parts. We still sound good, but any chorus can just sound good. We need to sound great because we should great and we can sound great. I've looked forward to Chorale since I was in 6th grade and it's great, I have lots of friends and fun....it's just not what i expected it to be.
So today, the seniors of Chorale confronted everyone, including themselves. Things need to change, and I'll do my best to do my part, but it's just sad.....we only have 2, maybe 3 months left together. I wanted Chorale to be great this year, all of this year. Maybe if I had put a little more into it myself it could have been like that. Maybe not. Either way, I hope Chorale becomes more Chorale-like these last few weeks. And next year, if I'm still in it, I hope I can carry on the traditions, the fun, and the love of making music. That's all.

-Emma <3

No comments: