Monday, January 5, 2009

Til We Have Faces

Inspired by Abby, I must suggest a book to everyone.
This of course is intense and mature reading so I must comment that you read it at your own risk.
The book is called Till We Have Faces.

This is a picture of the cover:






Till We Have Faces
is a myth about two princesses, Orual and Psyche, who live in the palace at Glome. Psyche is extremely beautiful and Orual is extremely ugly. However, Orual loves Psyche with a deep passion, vowing to always protect and care for her. Therefore, Orual does not take the news well when the god (this is a pre-Christian society) Cupid falls in love with Psyche. This myth is retold with C.S. Lewis's distinct voice in his literature and you can really feel Orual's pain.






I really suggest this book because it is written so well! Also, I offer another suggestion for C.S. Lewis's The Great Divorce. When the narrator of The Great Divorce decides to take a nap he is sweep into a life like nightmare that shows him the true meaning of Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory.

I hope you guys read them (Mia!!!) and if you do, I hope you like them!
I probably suggest more in the future and it would be great if I could get some suggested books!

Emma <3

6 comments:

Abigail said...

Ok, then read Magnus (more widely known as Wings of Dawn). It is the best novel ever written. :D

Mia said...

Thanks Emma! I'll have to look more into them!

I also meant to comment on your Hawaii pixs! They're so pretty! I'm sure you had an awesome time! I especially love the sepia one of the horses. Feel free to invite me next time your planning an amazing dream vacation...lol.

Oh, and can you e-mail me your cell#? Thanks, love ya!

Alyssa Scott said...

Hey thanks for adding me as a link do you mind if I add you to my friends list??

Oh and the name above will say Alyssa but it's Maddie "Alyssa is my sister" I'm having trouble with my user name and blogging things like that!
I can't wait until I can use my name!

=D

Abigail said...

I tagged you. Check my blog for details. :D

Nikki said...

Are you going to post again?

Mia said...

Eeeemmmmmmaaaaa.....where aaaare yoooou????? It time to post again! You said you were gonna be able to keep this thing up! Don't make me come up there and force you to do it! Love ya!